Debt Consolidation in Action: Utah
Utah residents take action to avoid delinquency, default and bankruptcy.
When it comes to debt problems, Utahns tend to be highly proactive about finding solutions before things get really out of control. That may explain why the state’s average rates of student loan default, mortgage and credit card delinquency and even collectible debts are all lower than national averages. That’s not to say residents don’t face challenges – they just tend to take action to overcome those challenges quickly.
With that in mind, the information below can help you understand how debt is impacting Utah residents today and how some have found a way to regain control through credit counseling an debt consolidation. If you’re facing your own challenges, call Consolidated Credit at or complete an online application to schedule a free debt analysis with a certified credit counselor.
Debt Statistics in Utah
These statistics provide a quick look at the current situation Utahns face with personal debt today:
- Average credit card debt: $4,559 per borrower 
- 90-day credit card delinquency rate: 0.99%
- Average student debt: $22,418
- Student loan default rate: 11.40%
- % of homes underwater (mortgage more than value): 18.94%
- Mortgage delinquency rate for underwater homes: 2.45%
- % with past due debt (late, but not in default): 3.40%
- % with some type of debt in collections: 29.00%
- Average debt in collections: $5,828
All other statistics brought to you by America’s Voice on Debt (AVOD)
Credit Counseling in Action for Utah residents
The following case study and testimonial comes from a real client of Consolidated Credit who lives in Utah. Every financial situation is different, but this can give you a better idea of how we may be able to help you regain control through debt consolidation.
Where he started:
- Total unsecured debt: $39,258.00
- Estimated interest charges: $22,922.36
- Time to payoff: 14 years, 10 months
- Total monthly payments: $1,570.32
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 4.38%
- Total interest charges: $4,077.58
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 6 months
- Total monthly payment: $807.00