Ring in the New Year with Style and Under Budget!
Stretched holiday budgets lead to forfeited 2012 New Year’s plans. Sticking to a budget during the holiday season is never easy but going into debt is never the answer. The financial experts at Consolidated Credit compiled a list of frugal ways to bring in the New Year without breaking the bank.
After all, the pitfalls of overspending at the end of the holiday season can be disastrous. Though New Year’s is an exciting event, no special event is worth going into debt. The average couple is looking at spending upwards of $200 and this is a lot right after the holidays.
Revel in New Year’s festivities without the added financial pressure. Avoid going overboard and spending a large amount for one evening-running up a hefty credit card debt just to pay for entertainment isn’t worth the fallout.
The importance of the holiday season is being with family and friends, something that costs absolutely nothing. Instead of wasting several hundred dollars on a party, use that money to start a new savings account or to open a 401k retirement account. At Consolidated Credit, we counsel individuals to focus on their long-term financial goals. Unfortunately, many people get caught up in the planning whirlwind, forgetting not only about their financial constraints but also what the holidays are really about.
Consolidated Credit’s 5 Ways to Ring in 2012:
- Host a potluck – Invite friends over and have each person bring a dish. At midnight watch the ball drop on TV surrounded by close friends and family.
- Watch fireworks – Bring in 2012 with an exciting fireworks show! Many communities host a free fireworks display, this is a cost efficient alternative to going out on New Year’s.
- Church – Celebrate the New Year with family and friends at church! Attending church is a great time to set goals for 2012 and create a plan for tackling future obstacles.
- Movie & Dinner – Spend quality time with a significant other at home by renting a holiday movie and ordering to-go food. Numerous restaurants have to-go New Year’s Eve specials that are affordable and tasty!
- Go to a comedy show – Laugh into the New Year by enjoying to a comedy show at a local venue. Major cities such as New York and Miami are hosting comedy shows on New Year’s Eve with a variety of drink and dinner specials.
Consolidated Credit, founded in 1993, is one of the nation’s largest credit counseling organizations in the country and has helped over 5 million people with financial issues. Their mission is to assist families throughout the United States in ending financial crisis and solving money management problems through education and professional counseling.