2015 Housing Events: Expand Your Knowledge
There was no class in school that helped you learn how to own a home and manage your mortgage successfully. Although many financial processes are learned through trial and error, is that really the best way to treat one of the biggest investments you can make in your lifetime?
With that in mind, Consolidated Credit offers free housing education workshops that can help you understand how to be a successful homeowner. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or you need options to save your home, we have an event for you.
Call Consolidated Credit today at 1-800-435-2261 to speak with a HUD-approved housing counselor for free or to sign up for one of our seminars today!
All events listed below (unless otherwise noted) are held at our main office:
5701 West Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33133
This is a free HUD-approved workshop that helps you make that important leap into home ownership. During the 8-hour course, you’ll learn about:
- First-time homebuyer down payment assistance programs
- How to apply for a mortgage
- How to select the right realtor for your needs
- Selecting a good neighborhood
- What to expect during the home inspection process
- All the different types of insurance you may need
- The tax benefits of being a homeowner
- The closing process
- Home maintenance
You’ll also learn how to create and manage a budget as a homeowner to avoid financial distress. The workshop ends with a one-on-one session with a HUD-certified housing counselor. You will also receive a homebuyer education certificate good for one year.
Call 954-377-9323 to register.
- January 24, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- February 28, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- March 28, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- April 15, 2015* 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- April 25, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- May 30, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- June 27, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- July 25, 2015** 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- August 22, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- October 3, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- October 24, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- November 21, 2015 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
*This event is being held in Spanish to assist the Latin American community
1400 North 15 Street
Immokalee, FL 34142
on the 2nd floor of the Community Bank Buidling
**This is a special homebuyer event for military service members and veterans
Can’t make it to South Florida?
Consolidated Credit can still help you get the homebuyer education you need even if you can’t make it to our home offices in sunny South Florida. We offer an online version of the homebuyer education course that you can take at your leisure to get the information you need.