This HUD-approved workshop is a FREE eight hour course that prepares renters to make a successful transition to homeownership.
- Find out about first time homebuyer down payment assistance programs.
- Learn how to apply for a mortgage
- How to select the right realtor
- How to select the right home and neighborhood for your needs.
- What to expect with home inspections and insurance
- The tax benefits of being a home owner
- What to expect in during the closing process
- Important home maintenance tips
- How to create and manage a budget for success as a homeowner
Attendees will receive a training certificate of completion that’s good for one year. The workshop will be followed by a one-on-one counseling session with a HUD-certified housing counselor.
Sign up or RSVP by phone at 954-377-9167