Debt Consolidation in Action: Arkansas
See how your neighbors are using credit counseling to take control.
Every financial situation may be different, but often a state’s residents share similar circumstances when it comes to debt – everything from income levels to the current real estate market is tied significantly to where you live. Today in Arkansas, most borrowers are winning the war against debt in spite of an often uphill battle.
The information on this page is designed to help you understand how debt is really impacting residents in Arkansas, as well as how some borrowers are taking charge with the help of a debt management program. If you’re working to your own overcome issues with debt and you need help, call Consolidated Credit at or fill out an online application for a free consultation with a certified credit counselor.
Debt Statistics in Arkansas
The following statistics show the big picture when it comes to consumer debt today in Arkansas:
- Average credit card debt per household: $6,474 
- Average available credit limit: $11,169 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 35.64% 
- Average number of cards: 2.76 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 8.66% 
- Average credit score: 657 
- Most popular type of credit card: Travel rewards 
Connie from North Little Rock, AR
My credit counselor was wonderful and every customer service rep I spoke to was kind and patient.
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $13,415.00
- Estimated interest charges: $7,634.05
- Time to payoff: 14 years
- Total monthly payments: $525.80
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 7.50%
- Total interest charges: $2,268.04
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 7 months
- Total monthly payment: $284.00