Debt Consolidation in Action: Nebraska
Learn about the state of debt and how residents are meeting the challenge.
Even though Nebraskans face similar financial challenges to consumers in other parts of the country, they’re meeting those challenges head-on and making great strides to address problems that put financial stability at risk. As a result, recent data shows Nebraska boasts the fourth lowest average credit card balance in the nation. Still, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Nebraskans have an easy road to get out of debt.
If you’re currently working to eliminate your credit card debt and you need help, call us today at for a free confidential debt evaluation from a certified credit counselor. You can also complete your application online and a counselor will be in touch once your case had been reviewed.
Debt statistics in Nebraska
These are the latest statistics for the state of debt in Nebraska. This can give you a better idea of the situation you and your neighbors face.
- Average credit card debt: $4,298 per borrower
- 90-day credit card delinquency rate: 0.98%
- Average student debt: $26,490
- Student loan default rate: 7.70%
- % of homes underwater (mortgage more than value): 10.81%
- Mortgage delinquency rate for underwater homes: 2.15%
- Average debt in collections: $5,394
All other statistics are brought to you by America’s Voice on Debt (AVOD)
Credit Counseling in Action for Nebraska residents
Below you’ll find two testimonials and case studies for actual clients we’ve helped in Nebraska. This can provide some insight into what you can expect from a debt management program.
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $37,504.00
- Estimated interest charges: $22,123.01
- Time to payoff: 16 years
- Total monthly payments: $1,500.16
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 6.33%
- Total interest charges: $5,512.75
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 3 months
- Total monthly payment: $859.00
Where he started:
- Total unsecured debt: $54,000.00
- Estimated interest charges: $31,641.24
- Time to payoff: 17 years, 2 months
- Total monthly payments: $2,160.00
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 8.00%
- Total interest charges: $9,954.33
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 4 months
- Total monthly payment: $1,230.00