Debt Consolidation in Action: Nebraska
Learn about the state of debt and how residents are meeting the challenge.
Even though Nebraskans face similar financial challenges to consumers in other parts of the country, they’re meeting those challenges head-on and making great strides to address problems that put financial stability at risk. As a result, recent data shows Nebraska boasts the fourth lowest average credit card balance in the nation. Still, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Nebraskans have an easy road to get out of debt.
If you’re currently working to eliminate your credit card debt and you need help, call us today at for a free confidential debt evaluation from a certified credit counselor. You can also complete your application online and a counselor will be in touch once your case had been reviewed.
Debt statistics in Nebraska
These are the latest statistics for the state of debt in Nebraska. This can give you a better idea of the situation you and your neighbors face.
- Average credit card debt per household: $6,180 
- Average available credit limit: $14,869 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 31.54% 
- Average number of cards: 2.83 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 5.07% 
- Average credit score: 695 
- Most popular type of credit card: Cash back rewards 
Craig from Omaha, NE
My experience with Consolidated has been excellent. I have one payment remaining and then I’ll have fully paid off $54,000 in debt.
Where he started:
- Total unsecured debt: $54,000.00
- Estimated interest charges: $31,641.24
- Time to payoff: 17 years, 2 months
- Total monthly payments: $2,160.00
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 8.00%
- Total interest charges: $9,954.33
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 4 months
- Total monthly payment: $1,230.00
June from Omaha, NE
Consolidated Credit helped me pay off a lot of my credit card debt in a considerably short period of time. I was very happy with how professional and knowledge all of the reps were in helping me get my debt under control.
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $37,504.00
- Estimated interest charges: $22,123.01
- Time to payoff: 16 years
- Total monthly payments: $1,500.16
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 6.33%
- Total interest charges: $5,512.75
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 3 months
- Total monthly payment: $859.00