Event Type: Seminar
Ready to Buy a Home but Not Sure Where to Start?
Buying a home is exciting, but it can also be stressful for first-time homebuyers. You don’t know what to expect or what steps you need to take to ensure you get approved for a mortgage. This can lead to delays and serious frustration. If you want to minimize the hassle of homebuying a mortgage approval, you need to understand exactly what it takes to buy a home.
CONSOLIDATED CREDIT’S FREE HUD-APPROVED HOMEBUYER WORKSHOP WILL TEACH YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BECOME MORTGAGE-READY
THIS FREE 8-HOUR COURSE WILL EXPLAIN:
- How to overcome the most common barriers to mortgage approval, including:
- Bad credit or no credit because you don’t have enough credit history
- Limited income that makes it harder to cover upfront mortgage costs
- Too much debt from credit cards or student loans
- The secrets to using first-time homebuyer assistance programs that help minimize the cost burden of getting a mortgage:
- Down payment assistance
- Closing cost assistance
- What to expect during home inspections:
- The right questions to ask your home inspector
- Extra inspections you may need for older homes, kids or a pool
- How the results of the inspection can affect your final purchase
- Different types of insurance you may need, including:
- Basic homeowner’s insurance
- Flood and fire coverage needed in certain regions
- Private mortgage insurance
Once you complete this homebuyer workshop, you’ll receive:
- A HUD-approved certificate of completion that’s good for up to one year. This certificate is crucial to qualify for down paying and closing cost assistance programs.
- One-on-one counseling from a HUD-certified housing counselor. Work with an expert to create a customized action plan that will ensure you’re ready to buy a home.