Event Type: Seminar
Learn How to Buy a Home and Get Mortgage Approval
This FREE one-day HUD-approved homebuyer workshop will teach you everything you need to know to become mortgage-ready, so you a buy a home and achieve the American Dream.
DURING THIS FREE 8-HOUR WORKSHOP, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What it takes to overcome common barriers that often stand in the way of first-time homebuyers, like:
- Challenges with bad credit or no credit because you lack credit history
- What to do about high debt levels that can make it challenging qualify for a mortgage
- How to overcome low-income challenges that make it harder to cover up-front and monthly mortgage costs
- How to use mortgage payment assistance programs that help first-time homebuyers making the leap from renting to owning.
- Using down payment and closing cost assistance programs to reduce the up-front cost burden of buying a home
- What to expect during the home inspections process and how inspections can impact your purchase
- All the insurance you need to cover, from basic homeowner’s insurance to flood and fire coverage required in certain areas.
Once you complete the homebuyer workshop, you’ll receive:
- A one-on-one counseling session with a HUD-certified housing counselor, so you can create a customized action plan to buy a home.
- A HUD-approved certificate of completion that’s good for up to one year. This certificate may be required to qualify for first-time homebuyer programs, including down payment and closing cost assistance.