Event Type: Seminar
Understand All the Steps You Need to Take to Buy a Home
THIS FREE 8-HOUR HUD-APPROVED HOMEBUYER WORKSHOP WILL TEACH YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BECOME MORTGAGE-READY
Buying your first home can be an exciting time, but it can also be stressful if you don’t know what to expect. This free homebuyer workshop will take the mystery out of the homebuying process. You’ll know exactly what you need to do to get approved without a hassle.
OVER THE COURSE OF THE HOMEBUYING WORKSHOP, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to overcome common barriers that can block mortgage approval, like:
- Challenges with bad credit or no credit because you have a limited credit history
- Limited income that makes it tough to cover upfront mortgage costs
- High levels of debt from credit cards or student loans that can lead to mortgage rejections
- How to qualify for and use first-time homebuyer programs to your advantage, such as:
- Down payment assistance
- Closing cost assistance
- How to navigate the home inspection process, including:
- The right questions to ask your inspector
- Specialized inspections for older homes, pools and kids
- How the results of the inspection can affect your purchase
- How to ensure you have all the insurance you need, including:
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Flood and fire coverage that’s required in certain regions
- Private mortgage insurance
Once you complete the course, you’ll receive:
- A HUD-approved certificate of completion that’s good for up to one year. This certificate is usually required to qualify for many homebuyer assistance programs.
- Free one-on-one counseling from a HUD-certified housing counselor. Create a customized action plan so you can take all the steps you need to take to get approved.