Event Type: Seminar
Get a Step-by-Step Understanding of the Homebuying Process
Take a FREE one-day HUD-approved course to learn everything you need to know to buy a home get a mortgage that works for your budget.
DURING THIS 8-HR. HOMEBUYER WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to overcome barriers that could prevent you from achieving homeownership, such as:
- Credit issues, whether it’s bad credit or no credit because you lack credit history
- Too much debt, how to reduce debt levels strategically to improve chances at mortgage approval
- Insufficient income, what to do when your budget is limited by low income
- Mortgage programs designed for First-Time Homebuyers to help you generate the fund you need to put enough money down on your first home
- Down payment and closing cost assistance programs that help reduce the up-front cost of purchasing
- Home inspection tips, what to invest in and what you need to know about the inspection program
- Home insurance, from basic insurance to flood and fire coverage that may be required
All attendees will receive a HUD-approved homebuyer education certificate that’s good for one year. This certificate may be required to qualify for some first-time buyer assistance programs.
Following the course, you’ll also receive a free one-on-one counseling session with a HUD-certified housing counselor. This will allow you to discuss your budget, personal financial situation and ownership goals with a professional so you can make a strategic plan to secure your slice of the American dream.