FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., May 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — After nearly three decades of helping more than 10 million people get out of debt, Consolidated Credit has created a new panel of experts to reach the next 10 million.
Consolidated Credit’s Financial Advisory Council Members are made up of 11 industry experts who are volunteering their time. They will begin the formidable task of spreading financial education beyond the usual delivery methods – which Consolidated Credit has honed since 1993.
Current economic challenges including inflation means that people will need financial knowledge today more than ever.Tweet this
“Financial education is one of the most important topics Americans need to master,” says Consolidated Credit President Gary Herman. “With more than a century of experience among the council members, we’re going to devise innovative ways to spread financial education and crucial knowledge about financial stability.”
At the first meeting, the council outlined the challenges facing financial educators today and always.
“Between the Great Recession and the pandemic, Americans have faced major economic setbacks,” notes Sandra Tobon, Consolidated Credit’s Director of Housing and Community Outreach. “The current economic challenges including the uptick in the inflation rate, means that people will need financial knowledge today more than ever to manage their finances and live prosperous lives.”
The advisory council members include:
- Amadeo Marino – Chase’s Business Development Manager, Community & Affordable Lending
- April Lewis-Parks – Consolidated Credit’s Director of Education and Communications
- Charles W. Keys III, MBA – Valley National Bank’s Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility/CRA Officer
- Cornell Crews – Executive Director of the Community Reinvestment Alliance of Florida
- Michele Collie – City National Bank’s SVP, Director CRA
- Mikesha Murray – TD Bank Branch Manager
- Monique Corker – Comerica Bank’s External Affairs Market Manager for Florida
- Sandra Tobon – Consolidated Credit’s Director of Housing Counseling & Community Outreach
- Tari Boldin – Truist Bank’s Community Development Manager in the South Florida Region
“I am honored Consolidated Credit has selected me to serve on its financial advisory council,” stated Mo Corker, Comerica Bank Florida External Affairs Manager. “In this role, I plan to bring innovative and impactful resources, while continuing to raise expectations of what a bank partner can be in the communities that we serve through our strategic community partnerships.”
Advisory Council members will also serve as ambassadors at the myriad of financial education events Consolidated Credit hosts, sponsors, or supports.
About: In 29 years, Consolidated Credit has helped over 10.2million people overcome debt and financial challenges. Their mission is to assist families throughout the United States to end financial crises and solve money management issues through education and counseling.