Debt Relief South Dakota
How South Dakotans are meeting personal debt challenges head-on and finding debt relief.
If there were ever a time when South Dakotans should be proud to rank 49th in the U.S., it’s in the ranking for the highest credit card debt in the nation. Although residents have faced similar challenges from things like a weak economy, high unemployment and the real estate market downturn, South Dakotans as a whole have managed to persevere – but that doesn’t mean that the journey has been easy or they’ve done it on their own. The average South Dakota household is fighting $7,362 in debt, and the average credit utilization score is 32.58%. Anything over 30% will actually damage your credit score.
The information below can help you understand the state of debt that South Dakotans face in today’s economy. If you’re struggling to overcome financial challenges on your own, we can help. Call Consolidated Credit today at 1-888-294-3130 or complete an online application to ask for a free confidential debt evaluation from a certified credit counselor.
Debt statistics in South Dakota
Here are some helpful statistics about the state of personal debt in South Dakota today.
- Average credit card debt per household: $7,362 
- Average available credit limit: $15,090 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 32.58% 
- Average number of cards: 2.8 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 6.24% 
- Average credit score: 700 
- Most popular type of credit card: Cash back rewards 
Debt Relief South Dakota: See our program in action
Marie from Pierre, SD
This has been such a great service and a great experience. Thank you!
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $41,277.00
- Estimated interest charges: $24,133.79
- Time to payoff: 14 years, 11 months
- Total monthly payments: $1,651.08
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 3.66%
- Total interest charges: $3,008.17
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 10 months
- Total monthly payment: $764.00
Ready to conquer your credit card debt? Contact a certified credit counselor today to get a free debt and budget evaluation and see if you qualify for a debt relief program.
Get Help Now