Debt Relief in Action: Utah
Over $12.2 million of debt resolved in the past two years
When it comes to debt problems, Utahns tend to be highly proactive about finding solutions before things get really out of control. That may explain why the state’s average rates of student loan default, mortgage and credit card delinquency and even collectible debts are all lower than national averages. That’s not to say residents don’t face challenges – they just tend to take action to overcome those challenges quickly.
With that in mind, the information below can help you understand how debt is impacting Utah residents today and how some have found a way to regain control through credit counseling and debt consolidation. If you’re facing your own challenges, call Consolidated Credit at or complete an online application to schedule a free debt analysis with a certified credit counselor to see if you are eligible for a credit card debt relief program.
Debt Statistics in Utah
These statistics provide a quick look at the current situation Utahns face with personal debt today:
- Average credit card debt per household: $11,222 
- Average available credit limit: $16,687 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 27.66% 
- Average number of cards: 2.95 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 5.55% 
- Average credit score: 683 
- Most popular type of credit card: Travel rewards 
Debt Relief Utah: See our program in action
Robert from Ogden, UT
Finding Consolidated Credit has been such a blessing. I feel like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Where he started:
- Total unsecured debt: $39,258.00
- Estimated interest charges: $22,922.36
- Time to payoff: 14 years, 10 months
- Total monthly payments: $1,570.32
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 4.38%
- Total interest charges: $4,077.58
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 6 months
- Total monthly payment: $807.00
If you’re ready to find debt relief, then you’re ready to talk to us. Get a free debt and budget evaluation from a certified credit counselor now.
Get Help Now