Debt Consolidation in Action: Idaho
Using credit counseling to overcome credit card debt problems.
Idahoans aren’t short on problems when it comes to personal debt. Faced with higher than national average student loan debt, debts in collections and underwater mortgages, residents often have an uphill to achieve stability. Still residents are finding ways to regain control through alternate means, such as debt consolidation and credit counseling.
Below you’ll find current statistics for the state of debt in Idaho, along with helpful case studies and stories of neighbors who have found a path forward using credit counseling. If you have problems with credit card debt and need help to take control, call Consolidated Credit at or complete an online application to schedule a free debt and budget analysis from a certified credit counselor.
Debt Statistics in Idaho
The following statistics can help you understand the current situation with debt that Idahoans face today:
- Average credit card debt per household: $8,570 
- Average available credit limit: $14,378 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 30.65% 
- Average number of cards: 2.88 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 6.55% 
- Average credit score: 681 
- Most popular type of credit card: Balance transfer 
John from Nampa, ID
It’s been a very good experience, helping my budget and to pay off my debts.
Where he started:
- Total unsecured debt: $36,294.00
- Estimated interest charges: $21,270.47
- Time to payoff: 14 years, 10 months
- Total monthly payments: $1,451.76
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 9.00%
- Total interest charges: $7,408.24
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 2 months
- Total monthly payment: $878.00
Mary from Idaho Falls, ID
This agency took a great deal of stress off of me. The electronic update system through the website is great, too. No hassle!
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $9,790.00
- Estimated interest charges: $5,241.39
- Time to payoff: 10 years, 8 months
- Total monthly payments: $391.60
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 9.46%
- Total interest charges: $1,925.39
- Time to payoff: 3 years, 8 months
- Total monthly payment: $262.00