Debt Relief New Mexico
What you need to know about your local situation with debt.
Statistics show that many New Mexico residents are having a hard time overcoming challenges with debt. Credit card debt is usually the least of people’s problems, even though New Mexicans have an average credit utilization ratio of over 30%, which can harm your credit score. From one in five student loans in default to nearly one in four homes facing issue with negative equity, the challenges residents face are everywhere. Luckily, families are taking action to meet these challenges head-on.
The information below can help you understand the situation with debt that you and other New Mexico residents currently face. If you’re facing issues with debt and need help finding solutions that fit your situation, call us at 1-888-294-3130 or complete an online application to request a free consultation with a certified credit counselor.
New Mexico Credit Card Debt Statistics
Here’s what the current situation with consumer debt in New Mexico really looks like:
- Average credit card debt per household: $7,952 
- Average available credit limit: $14,389 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 31.43% 
- Average number of cards: 2.79 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 9.02% 
- Average credit score: 659 
- Most popular type of credit card: Travel rewards 
Debt Relief New Mexico: See our program in action
Patricia from Clovis, NM
The service has been excellent!!! I couldn’t be happier.
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $14,418.00
- Estimated interest charges: $8,397.86
- Time to payoff: 13 years, 4 months
- Total monthly payments: $576.72
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 9.95%
- Total interest charges: $3,360.37
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 4 months
- Total monthly payment: $346.00
It’s time to start your journey toward debt relief. Talk to a certified credit counselor now and get a free debt and budget evaluation. Plus, see if you qualify for a debt relief program!
GET HELP NOW