Debt Relief in Action: Vermont
Over $6.7 million of debt resolved in the past two years
When it comes to personal debt, by and large residents of Vermont take the action they need to meet challenges head-on. So for instance, while Vermonters have student debt loads higher than the national average, they default at a much lower rate than the rest of the country. Residents also have lower rates of debts that lapse into delinquency with late payments, as well as debts that go into collections. Vermonters aren’t completely in the clear, though. The most popular type of credit card is balance transfer, which shows that many residents are still trying to eliminate debt.
One of the ways Vermonters with credit card debt have found to eliminate it is through credit counseling. The information below can help you understand how debt is impacting residents currently and how some have used credit counseling to find debt relief. If you’re facing your own challenges and need help, call us at 1-888-294-3130 or complete an online application to request a confidential debt and budget analysis from a certified credit counselor at no charge.
Debt Statistics in Vermont
The statistics below can help you understand the current state of consumer debt in Vermont:
- Average credit card debt per household: $6,545 
- Average available credit limit: $15,242 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 32.37% 
- Average number of cards: 2.86 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 5.83% 
- Average credit score: 702 
- Most popular type of credit card: Balance transfer 
Debt Relief Vermont: See our program in action
Carrie from St. Johnsbury, VT
Consolidated Credit has helped me pay off my credit card debt much quicker than I had imagined. I am SO happy with the services I have received and all pleased with the way all of my questions were answered.
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $37,571.00
- Estimated interest charges: $21,404.39
- Time to payoff: 13 years, 5 months
- Total monthly payments: $1,503.52
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 8.17%
- Total interest charges: $6,728.90
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 4 months
- Total monthly payment: $857.00
Join your fellow debt-free Vermont residents! Get a free debt and budget evaluation from a certified credit counselor today and find out if you qualify for a debt relief program.
Get Help Now