Debt Consolidation in Action: Wyoming
See how other Wyomingites are addressing challenges with debt.
Usually getting ranked in the mid-to-low 30’s in a ranking of U.S. states is a bad thing, but when it comes to debt it’s good to be on the bottom. According to the Washington Post, Wyomingites rank 31st when it comes to high credit card debt balances. America’s Voice on Debt gives Wyoming a debt rank of 35 – again, where being on the bottom means a state’s residents are taking action and overcoming challenges with debt better than residents in other states.
What’s more, those low rankings aren’t for a lack of financial challenges. Wyomingites have the same challenges with credit card debt, student loans and mortgages, but they’re proactive about finding solutions. The information below can help you understand the current state of debt in Michigan and how some residents have used debt consolidation to take control. If you’re working to regain control, call or complete an online application to schedule a free debt evaluation with a certified credit counselor.
Debt Statistics in Wyoming
The statistics below can help you get an understanding of the state of debt today in Wyoming:
- Average credit card debt per household: $11,546 
- Average available credit limit: $14,032 
- Credit utilization ratio (debt vs available limit): 34.88% 
- Average number of cards: 2.81 
- % of accounts that are delinquent (at least 90 days past due): 6.98% 
- Average credit score: 678 
- Most popular type of credit card: Travel rewards 
Talena from Cheyenne, WY
Every time I call I get very good service. I am glad that I was able to find this company to help me.
Where she started:
- Total unsecured debt: $6,034.00
- Estimated interest charges: $3,367.45
- Time to payoff: 10 years, 5 months
- Total monthly payments: $241.36
After DMP enrollment:
- Average negotiated interest rate: 7.50%
- Total interest charges: $947.32
- Time to payoff: 4 years, 3 months
- Total monthly payment: $139.00