Over 6.5 million credit users have found solutions, when debt is the problem.
Consolidated Credit is proud to announce that 2018 is our 25th anniversary. We opened our doors to start counseling distressed borrowers in 1993. In two and a half decades, we’ve helped over 6.5 million people find relief from credit card debt. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of what we do!
An evolving organization for the evolving needs of credit users
Back in the 90s, Consolidated Credit was one of the first consumer credit counseling agencies to help people find relief from credit card debt. Today, we’re currently the largest credit counseling organization in the nation and we also have offices in Canada.
When we first started in the industry, our main focus was to provide one-on-one certified credit counseling services to consumers who had become overextended with credit card debt. While that’s still our primary mission, a large part of what Consolidated Credit now does is providing financial education through community outreach. The idea is that by teaching people how to manage their money, debt and credit effectively, families can cut off financial hardship before it starts.
This holistic approach to financial counseling has allowed Consolidated Credit to teach responsibility that leads to long-term financial stability. We’ve helped households learn to manage debt and save strategically, so they can face any financial challenge that comes. That includes counseling individuals through some of the most significant events of the past 25 years, including the Great Recession and natural disasters, like Hurricanes Sandy, Katrina, Harvey and Irma.
Key initiatives we’ve launched in 25 years of service
Headed by a board of directors that’s committed to meeting the changing needs of consumers, Consolidated Credit has launched the following financial education initiatives:
- Launching a comprehensive free online Financial Education Center for consumers, one of the first in the industry.
- Developing Knowledge of Financial Education (KOFE), a financial wellness program that helps companies, nonprofit organizations and financial institutions to provide financial literacy resources to their employees, clients and members.
- Creating an interactive financial course that teach users key concepts and processes needed to achieve financial success, called Credit Dojo.
- Forming a HUD-approved housing counseling team to help homeowners and homebuyers in the tri-county area of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties
- Participating in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) roundtables to develop Hardest Hit Fund programs following the Great Recession.
- Creating the first post-recession loss mitigation program called Home BASE, working with mortgage lenders to help distressed borrowers overcome financial challenges that can lead to foreclosure.
- Collaborating with the United Way of Broward County allows us to further the mission of education, income and well-being, which is the cornerstone of the United Way. As a Chairman’s Circle Sponsor, we help build a better future for our community and work with community leaders and local businesses to help those in need by offering free financial education and tools.
- Partnering with Southern Command, Army OneSource and Mission United to provide military financial education resources to Service Members and Veterans.
- Working with Army OneSource and military outreach organizations throughout Florida to create the Florida Military Financial Alliance (FLMFA), an online repository of all the nonprofit assistance programs and financial education resources available to Service Members and Veterans living in Florida.
A continuing commitment to financial stability
In our 25th year, Consolidated Credit has no plans to slow down. Even now as the economy continues to improve, individuals and families still face personal challenges with debt. We strive to provide new tools using the latest technology to help families achieve stability and reach their goals.
This year, we’ve already hosted the Florida Homebuying Fair this past Saturday, January 20, 2017. Over 500 attendees connected with Realtors®, lenders, title companies, appraisers, and Fannie Mae representatives to assemble the team they need to buy a home. We also continue to expand our financial education resource center, as well as expanding the Credit Dojo interactive course series.
We’ve helped over 6.5 million people find solutions, when debt is the problem. Now it’s your turn!
GET HELP NOW